Following the permission of the Allied Troops and the authorities to once again allow ‘motorized’ flying in Germany, Günther Graf von Hardenberg established MOTORFLUG GmbH in 1955. The interest in the flying school was enormous: 233 instant – registrations, more than 1211 flying hours and more than 8900 landings in the first few months. Many of the more than 650 trainees at MOTORFLUG became the ‘new generation’ pilots of the German Air Force.
In 1957 MOTORFLUG becomes approved customer service facility for the manufacturers Bell Helicopter Textron and Agusta. The company signs a frame contract with the German Military for the repair and overhaul of 50 ‘Bell 47’ helicopters.
In 1967 the company moves from Koblenz to Baden-Baden.
In 1969 MOTORFLUG signs a maintenance frame contract with the German Military Forces for the overhaul of all dynamic and hydraulic components of their UH-1D helicopters. Five years later the company succeeds in signing a service station contract with Hydraulic Research Textron, an American manufacturer of aviation components.
In 1976 MOTORFLUG becomes an authorized customer service facility for Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm, today Eurocopter, for the models BO105 and BK117. In 1980 the company is able to add the authorization as overhaul center for LTS101 engines from the manufacturer Textron Lycoming, today known as Honeywell. In 1984 MOTORFLUG commences with the maintenance of the Aerospatiale helicopters AS350 and AS355.
In 1995 the authorization as Eurocopter customer service facility for the model EC135 is added. MOTORFLUG succeeds in signing a service facility contract for the maintenance of their engines with Pratt & Whitney Canada and one year later with Turbomeca.
In 1998 MOTORFLUG moves to the Baden–Airpark, Rheinmünster.
In the years to follow the company constantly amends its service capabilities. In the year 2000 MOTORFLUG acquires BSF-Hubschraubertechnik GmbH in Berlin and two years later DLE Luftfahrtservice GmbH located at the Baden-Airpark.
In 2003 MOTORFLUG establishes a subsidiary at the airport Schönhagen, close to Berlin.
In 2005 MOTORFLUG celebrates its 50th company anniversary. That same year the company acquires Aerotechnic Vertriebs- und Service GmbH located at the Baden-Airpark. MOTORFLUG establishes the subsidiary SpaeroTrade GmbH, the scope being international spare parts trading.
In 2008 MOTORFLUG becomes part of the Eurocopter network. In August of the same year Aerotechnic Vertiebs- und Service GmbH fused with MOTORFLUG and in July 2009 the fusion with DLE Luftfahrtservice GmbH followed.
|From 2012 on MOTORFLUG is offering maintenance of fixed wing aircrafts also at its location in Schönhagen and has extended its FAA-certification also to this site.|